I used to make bars, like Lara Bars, a lot for myself; the basic date-cashew bar. I’ve really been craving cookies lately and instead of letting the craving win, I thought I’d try a cookie version of my old bars. They actually turned out pretty good and were almost crispy, which I love! No refined sugar, no oil, no salt, so they really are actually healthy.
Next time I’ll try adding in some other goodies like cinnamon and raisins. I’ll post an update when I do!
1/2 c rolled oats
1/2 c cashews
1 T cashew or almond milk
1 t vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees (F).
2. Pit dates and add to your food processor.
3. Add the oats and cashews, as well.
3. Process for 1 minute, then add the milk and vanilla.
4. Process for a couple more minutes, until the mixture is crumbly and starting to stick together.
5. Use a small (1 T) ice cream scoop to portion the dough onto a baking sheet.
6. Flatten the cookies with a spatula. (My cookies stuck to a fork when I tried that.)
7. Bake for 10 minutes, flip the cookies, then bake for another 5 minutes.
8. Let cool for at least 4-5 minutes. Enjoy!
Be well and do good,